Monday, November 20, 2006

Five Good Things

Years ago, I was listening to Oprah, who gave some good advice. When you are troubled, write down “5 Good Things.” You cannot just think about them, you have to write them down. They can be anything, big, little, a moment, a glimpse, a national event – just write them down, and it won’t hurt to re-read them now and then.

I see something similar on some of the bloggers, Gratitudes, Thankfulness, etc. In this season of Thanksgiving, here are a few of mine.
  • That bright 4 year old in the library, who, after Story Hour was finished, rejoined his Mother, all smiles, with a “How was YOUR day, Mommy?”
  • Husbands who dutifully hold up their wife's latest quilts without too much complaining, so she can take photos for her blog.
  • My Mother taught me how to make GOOD bread from scratch.
  • My father encouraged me to have fun.
  • My mother had an artistic inclination and encouraged my own creativity.
  • My brother recently told me, “You always were a good sport!"

(Ok, that’s six!)

1 comment:

  1. Love your list. Funny, but I've always told my girls that a key ingredient to a happy marriage is whether the spouse is a good sport! How nice to have someone say that about yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.