Friday, December 01, 2006

Credit where Credit is Due

A number of bloggers have asked about "Earthy Stars," a previous post, and I did not include appropriate credit -- this is really a big 'no-no' to me -- but I was so caught up in the nitty-gritty details of posting, I totally forgot.

For few days, I couldn't even FIND the book (am I the only one?) even though I faithfully alphabetize them -- group them in like kinds, but some are next to or under the bed, some in the bookcase, some next to the TV, a few loaned out, some buried in fabric, or a wanna-be project, and one original book, that I actually bought a SECOND COPY because I was positive I had left it at a fabric shop, was found 6 months later under my car seat, where there is NO SPACE, except for one book!

Lo and behold, I found the sought-after book, properly alphabetized, exactly where it should be -- who knew I actually WAS that organized?

I wish I could say "Earthy Stars" was my own idea but NO .. but DID make some minor changes. It is from a book by Evelyn Sloppy, "40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts" and is called "Sew Scrappy," made by Marge Springer, 2003. The book is from That Patchwork Place, and includes a number of neat scrappy quilts. I have another one of her ideas already paper clipped, and fabric purchased -- if I can find where I put it ...

6 comments:

  1. I would be the one who would group them by like kind--scrap quilt, fat quarters, techniques etc but then still need to check the bedside and three different book shelves and a file drawer for the skinny ones with no lettering.

    BUT you did come up with it after making yourself nuts trying to track it down, LOL. Typical quilter, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a book I would like to have. I'll have to check around for it. The name sounds familiar so I think it won't be hard to find. So many quilts, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a great lot of quilts. I'm trying to work out the block design on the big 3, not that easy!
    Have you visited my Turkey pic-just for you?
    Is it snowing badly with you? I'm going to have to get a detailed US map so I know where all you ladies are!
    LOL Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book is my absolute favorite one! I've done several of the quilts in the book and like you have plans to do quite a few more. It really is a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this book and I love it too. I did the homespun one but I've forgotten what she called it and my books are in stacks on the floor so no way I'm going to go looking for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are not the only one with stacks of quilt books all over the house! Thank you for sharing this interesting quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.