Friday, June 13, 2008

Friends everywhere

This darling quilt belongs to my friend Jody - a quilter and ranch woman goddess! Honestly, this gal can do anything! She wanted to make a 'green' quilt, something from fabric already at hand, and this blue fabric was found in one of our Guild totes. We throw good but unwanted fabric into these totes, and eventually someone uses it. She also has a knack for clever insets in her borders. Can you see that slender stripe? Look at her ladybugs! CUTE, CUTE, CUTE! I asked her why she chose Ladybugs, and she said "Cause I wanted to!" She's been practicing her machine quilting and looking successful at this skill also!

I made this pineapple wall hanging years ago, but it's still looking fresh and hangs in my office. Some of you know I work in a church, and the church has many gorgeous stained glass windows. I'd like to think I caught the color flavor of my favorite stained glass window, if not the design.

Is this window not gorgeous? (No flash was needed for this photo.)

And lastly, this is part of my office, complete with a quilt-y signed picture by Diane Phalen, given to me by members of the congregation, when they learned of my love of quilting -- they are the best folks!

13 comments:

  1. Loved the ladybugs! And you're right the window is perfect. My church has some gorgeous stained glass - it just calms my heart every time I see them. Blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pineapple log cabin looks like a stained glass window too. It is a very vibrant color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pineapple wall hanging is gorgeous! I love the colors. And it does capture the spirit of the stained glass window. But what a special thing to receive that picture by Diane Phalen! They knew how to pick a really lovely gift, and it shows they must appreciate you a lot.
    Grammilou, in Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pineapple wall hanging. The narrow line in the border of the other quilt is very nice. I am thinking that I should start spending more time and creativity on my borders and bindings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is there no end to your talents, even in the choosing of your friends ;) love the ladybugs and the pineapple and the stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post full of goodies! Love the lady bugs. Also your wallhanging is perfect. What lovely friends to give you that picture, & the window is beautiful indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your sweet comment...one thing I do finish projects just not the quilting projects....I think I will give quilting another chance...I watch the quilting shows on TV and love them...now I know who to go to for encourgement...
    Hugs,
    Mo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wall hanging is beautiful! I think it looks just like the stained glass. :) And how blessed are you to have people who love you AND give your presents!!! hahahahaha Wonderful!
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pineapple wallhanging. It certainly goes well with the stained glass window. You have such nice friends who gift you with lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lady bugs are cute!

    I love youre blue quilt. It looks almost electric! Very pretty colors, & yes they are very like your inspiring window. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pineapple wall hanging. It's my favorite colors, and it glows just like the window does!
    And the ladybugs on your friend's quilt are a great whimsical touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pineapple wallhanging! The colors definitely evoke stained glass and the color palette is oh so rich. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning colors in your pineapple quilt! Gorgeous stained glass window, but I like the quilt more. :)

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.