Thursday, July 03, 2008

Feathers, and Technology


Excellent video - it takes a few moments to load, but it's 8 minutes long! Since the video gives me the option of "Embedding", that's what I'm going to do. This came from Youtube.com, a new-found toy. I searched videos on "Quilting" and found this one from Sharon Schambers. Until recently, I didn't know who she was. This is good advertising, isn't it? I would love to have HEARD her instructions, and it goes too fast, but her feathers are amazing, even without hearing her voice.

Many machine quilters wanna be's think feathers are just too "hard" ... frankly, those curvy lines, and swoops and swirls are not as difficult as you think. The curvy lines hide inaccuracies much better than straight lines. Note, that when she begins, she only does one single motif at a time. Obviously, she's experienced.

When I first started reading blogs, I was all gah-gah at the technical talent bloggers had, and then learned how to blog, post, and insert graphics. Now, I am all gah-gah at videos, and want to learn that! (Oh yeah, then I'd better have something to actually video!)

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, she makes it look so easy! And beautiful!! Maybe one day I'll be able to do such pretty shapes, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting video. I would have liked to hear her commentary as well. It was interesting watching her fingers and thumbs move in different directions and try to figure out what she was saying. I would like to take a class from her.

    I agree, feathers aren't as hard as they seem, but everything is easier once you know how it is done. It is practice, practice, practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has about 15 videos up on Youtube. Plus others on her website Sharon Schamber Network.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great video. It certainly looks easy watching her! I may have to clear a space and try my hand again! Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for posting this. I have her video Binding the Angel, & it gave me the courage to use a diagonal join on my binding, & guaranteed corners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I've gotta study this one. Interesting. I love YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her work is so amazing. I could look at her quilts forever! She's very generous with her videos and her CD's and pattern packs that you can purchase are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thats a great video and yeh, great advertising. Thanks for posting it. ~jen~

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.