Wednesday, August 17, 2011

At Last, Something to Show!

Like many others in the USA, it's been too hot to do much of anything, but I've been plugging away at this simple quilt. 


I ventured outside my boundaries a little and made rings in 4 of the 12 blocks.  Not sure if I like them or not but this project DOES have all the wedge seams butting perfectly.  If you want the rings to show, using the same strata, you need to have an odd number of strips, and the middle strip will stand out as a ring.  I used (finished inches) 2, 1,1,1,1,1,2 for my strips. 

I have another quilt this size (below), 12 blocks, and while different colors, it's one of my favorites, and well used.


This blue/white/ tan one is about 60" x 76"  It's leaning towards nautical - those little figures on light tan or little sailors, at the helm.  Cute!  I'm thinking waves in various forms but I DO like to vary the patterns - can't stick with one idea in my head!  LOL

The border decision was a no brainer, after a friend suggested it to me!  8-))  Thanks Jody (Goddess).  They all mitered perfectly.
 

 The garage is nicely swept out, thanks DH, so maybe this weekend will be a basting day, but only if it cools down

12 comments:

  1. Gosh what stunning work. Great to wake up to an see this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I like the rings! It will be a very beautiful quilt when you get it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a quilt needing borders laying on my living room floor for over a month and have not touched it. Good thing we have the family room to watch TV! Your quilt is great - I love the rings in the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful movement in this quilt! The rings are a nice touch. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts Elaine! Love the little fellas dancing around in circles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, another gorgeous kaleidoscope quilt! Absolutely beautiful! And I like the rings - they just add that special little spark ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this pattern. I can make it over and over and it never fails to please the eye.
    I really like the corner blocks having circles. It really adds interest.
    I shut our "air" off today. But it will go back on for tomorrow. the kitties love having open windows!
    XOXOXO Subee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Quilt.... I really like the way you did it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so gorgeous. A kaleidoscope is still on my list of want to's.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.