Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Double T, AKA Stars over Shallotte

This is what is on my "Design Floor"!  LOL  And it's sideways to beat,  due to space, but what fun this one has been.  This was inspired from Bonnie Hunter's "Stars over Shallotte," in her second or third book, Scraps and Shirttails II.  My blocks are all similar fabrics, but each one different values in different places.  I am LOVING it, especially the zig-zag sashing. Blocks finish at 9 inches, and instead of using HSTs , I used Flying Geese and that great ruler (No Math ruler, previous post).  Each block came out PERFECT - unusual for me.  I am finished with the blocks but still need to make 4 half blocks, and more sashing.  It's eash to get mixed up sewing the sashing on diagonally, so that part is S L O W !  I have no idea what will happen when I get to the borders.  I'm thinking that some twining vines leaves, birds would contrast nicely with the hard sharp graphic lines  of the blocks and sashing. 

This was going to be a soon-to-be retreat project, but dang it, I'll be almost finished with it by then!  I"ll have to come up with a different one for the retreat.

13 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous. I love the sashing triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely lovely. And if you really need a retreat project, I'll be glad to send you 17 or so baggies to finish up! After all, what are friends for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty! I love seeing what you are making. I read your blog often, but don't leave many comments. I saw your posting on quiltville about your sudden soaring statistics. Yes, I think your exposure on quiltville has brought that many quilters to your site.
    Linda in Southern Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you get on a roll it is hard to stop - maybe you can work on the border while there unless that is done too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the T blocks. I'm sure you can find a project (or two or three!) for retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am home all the time and you still seem to get so much more done than me....how does that work???? Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reckon this is a real purty one Elaine! I'll be interested in seeing what fun border ideas you put to this one. (And this reminds me I've got to get Bonnie's last book!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this quilt! Your T blocks are fun - I love seeing the same block made different by changing the value placement. And I love that zigzag setting!

    I've done that "retreat project" thing a few times too. When you're on a roll, ya gotta go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good from my seat here! Good luck at finding a new project for your retreat! I'm sure you have something in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt--the fabrics are lovely and I think it looks all the more vintage because you mixed up the value placement of the fabrics. Wonderful touch!
    I recently looked back at my very first blog post and realized you were one of my first to comment and I had never looked up your blog, though I have seen reference to you on Subee's blog more than once. Just perused and liked what I saw. I'm the newest follower. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do such beautiful work. And you seem to always make a project all your own. I do not have that ruler...but looking at your results makes me WANT ONE TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. la,la,love your current project! It's looking great! I honestly think I could completely stop looking at magazines and be happy with making one of everything that Bonnie Hunter has created and shared on her blog and her 3 books. :)

    When I packed up to move I sorta kitted together a few projects to have easy access to and they are both Bonnie patterns. :)

    Love from Indiana! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.