Thursday, March 14, 2013

Excellent results with camera repair

My camera was returned this morning, safe and sound, all repaired, and even better than I remembered.  Sum total of 10 days gone, including 4-5 days in transit from western Nebraska to Bensenville, Illinois, west of Chicago.  I'm happy!

I went to UnitedCamera.com, and just started following directions.  Make of camera, kind, what is the problem (mine was a common problem apparently - broken View Lens), choose shipping method, here is the estimate, choose payment method, and off it goes to their facility.  I called to get an estimate time for repair and she said 7-10 days.  My camera cost about $300.00, 7 years ago, it has limited video and audio, plus the carrying case, extra batteries, memory card, learning to use it, downloading its program to convert photos, etc., and all that takes time, energy and agitation, so I wanted to try REPAIRS.

Now, after an unexpected warm March day, I'm too exhausted from gardening to use it today!  8-)))  Thanks very much for all your excellent suggestions for it's replacement if that was the route I could have taken.  For now, I am happy with the decision to REPAIR.  8-)))

2 comments:

  1. This is great info for future reference, Elaine. I'm so glad you shared it with us. And I'm really glad you're happy with the results. :) BTW, got a fraud call from my CC company yesterday---and it really was a fraudulent charge...what are the chances... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it worked out for you. We've been happy with our repair. I would have never thought about somewhere like them if my nephew hadn't told me it.

    ReplyDelete

I no longer will accept Anonymous comments. I hope my adjustments to Comments do not cause anyone hardships.